The Trustees have seen the college budget as distributed to the campus a few weeks ago. They have passed it along to a 2nd Read which will happen at the June 13 Board meeting. If passed, the budget goes into effect on July 1.
Our committee, under the leadership of Tori and Erin, have narrowed the pool down to 4 final candidates. Those schedules and biographies are being distributed today and next week. The candidates will be with us on May 31 and June 1, two candidates each day. I hope you will come to their “Community Presentations”. I look forward to reading through your feedback. I hope to have an offer made before Commencement.
The efforts around our consortium with 12 biotech companies and 7 higher education institutions continues. We have now released a Request For Proposals to hire a consultant to finish the workforce gap analysis. This is being paid for out of a grant given to Cascadia by the legislature.
REVENUE ENHANCEMENT RESEARCH
This work also continues. I’ve had two forums with faculty; thanks to those who attended. Over the summer, I have 6 business lunches set up with business owners in the 6 communities we serve. We will be reviewing the ideas generated in late summer and early fall.
I will post an update before Commencement to describe an intended path forward regarding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts. Thanks to everyone who has provided input and to the input still to be received.
- There’s a student art show in the gallery. I encourage you to find some time to visit. Thanks to Chris for his efforts in bringing art to the gallery.
- Don’t come to work on Monday. It’s Memorial Day!
- Rosemary’s retirement party is next Wednesday at 4:00pm, CC2-261.
- Don’t forget to sign up for bowling if you have not done so already. There were still 7 slots available (out of 32) as of this week. Deadline is June 1 for sign-ups.
- Make sure to thank our student leaders. They had a very successful and sunny SpringFest this week.
Have a great weekend.